Welcome to the Governance section of the web site. Hartpury College Corporation is committed to its stewardship of the College and upholds strongly its legal responsibilities and furthering Hartpury as a leader in land based education. All of the Governors who serve on the Corporation are committed to Hartpury and acting in the best interests of the College.
The following links provide further information regarding the current structure of the Corporation and its committees.
Structure of Corporation and Membership
Governance Key Performance Indicators
More information about the Corporation
The Corporation is a legal body constituted under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 and consists of 21 members from all walks of life and a cross section of the community which it serves including staff and students from the College. In business terms it equates to a board of directors in a company.
Under the current Articles of Government the Corporation is responsible for:
- the determination of the educational character and mission of the institution and for the oversight of its activities;
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and for safeguarding their assets;
- approving the quality strategy of the institution;
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the clerk (including, where the clerk is, or is to be appointed as, a member of staff, his appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay in his capacity as a member of staff);
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
The Corporation is committed to upholding the standards of openness and public accountability hence this section on the College web site. I hope that you find this section useful and informative. If you have any comments or queries please contact me as Clerk.