Hartpury has outstanding rugby facilities based on campus which include:
• five full-sized rugby pitches including two floodlit pitches;
• a floodlit rubber crumb pitch;
• extensive grass training areas;
• indoor sports hall;
• a rugby specific conditioning room for strength and power training;
• a fitness suite;
• a scrummage pit and sled for coaching forwards;
• human performance laboratories;
• a performance analysis suite;
• a rehabilitation clinic;
• hot and cold plunge baths for ‘contrast recovery’ sessions.
Gloucester Rugby use Hartpury as their permanent training base. The Gloucester Academy and 1st team coach keep an eagle eye on the Hartpury squads for future stars. Several Hartpury students have gone on to play professionally for Gloucester due to this strong and unique relationship these include talented young players such as David Lewis, Henry Trinder, Dan Williams, Jack Forster, Charlie Sharples, Dan Norton, Jordi Pasqualin and James Merriman to name but a few.