Alison completed a degree in BSc (Hons) Veterinary Science at the Royal Veterinary College (2007-2009) and then stayed at the RVC to complete a four year BBSRC funded PhD in biomechanics (2009-2013) entitled ‘The Physiological and Biomechanical Assessment of Free Ranging Sports Dogs’ within the Structure and Motion Laboratory. After completion of the PhD project, Alison started work as a Lecturer in Animal Health at Hartpury College in 2013, and became programme manager for the BSc (Hons) Bioveterinary Science programme in 2014. Alison is now teaching a range of animal health and disease related modules on the animal science programmes.
Job title and responsibilities: Senior Lecturer, Programme Manager, Lecturer in Animal Health
Teaching interests: Animal Health and Disease, Pharmacology, Anatomy and Physiology, Biomechanics.
Canine Biomechanics, Musculoskeletal Conditions in Dogs, The Dietary/Husbandry Requirements of Small Animals (Rabbits and Guinea Pigs).
- Grainger, J., Wills, A.P. and Montrose, V.T. (2016) The behavioral effects of walking on a collar and harness in domestic dogs (Canis familiaris). Journal of Veterinary Behaviour: Clinical Applications and Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jveb.2016.06.002.
- McLean, G., and Wills, A. (2015). Peak limb forces experienced by dogs jumping at kennel club jump heights. Journal of Veterinary Behavior: Clinical Applications and Research, 10(5), 447-448.
- Haddadi, H., King, A. J., Wills, A. P., Fay, D., Lowe, J., Morton, A. J., ... and Wilson, A. M. (2011). Determining association networks in social animals: choosing spatial–temporal criteria and sampling rates. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 65(8), 1659-1668.
- Preston, T. and Wills, A. (2016) The effect of hydrotherapy on the range of motion of dogs diagnosed with elbow dysplasia. Poster presentation presented at: SEB Conference, 4th-7th July 2016, Brighton, UK.
- White, T. and Wills, A. (2016) The effect of fence width on peak vertical forelimb landing forces in jumping dogs. Poster presentation presented at: SEB Conference, 4th-7th July 2016, Brighton, UK.
- Manders, T. and Wills, A. (2016). Kinematic analysis of the gait of pedigree working and show dogs. Poster presentation presented at: SEB Conference, 4th-7th July 2016, Brighton, UK.
- McLean, G. and Wills, A. (2015) Quantifying the Peak Limb Forces Exerted By Dogs Jumping at the Kennel Club Jump Heights. Poster presentation presented at: Canine behaviour and cognition: evolution, genetics and applications for breeding and performance Conference, June, 2015, London, UK.