Click to view current vacancies and apply online (Please note you will be redirected to our vacancies website).
Background information on Hartpury's employment process
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Safer recruitment is an important part of safeguarding children.
We take all the appropriate steps to ensure that the people who are employed or volunteering for us are safe to work with children and young people.
Safer recruitment has key elements which are:
- Robust recruitment and selection processes
- Relevant vetting and checking processes
- A robust induction
- A good training infrastructure
The aims of safer recruitment are:
To prevent unsuitable people working with children, young people and vulnerable adults
To promote safe practices and challenge poor or unsafe practice
Respond promptly and appropriately to concerns about a child's welfare
At Hartpury we believe we have a safe culture which is a key part of safeguarding and we promote this by:
- Having effective recruitment, induction, training and supervision processes
- Ensuring that there is an awareness and understanding of safeguarding
- Have open and transparent practice
- Have clear procedures for reporting concerns or issues
- Have a clear reporting structure so that people understand and know who to contact and where to get help
- Have open and agreed standards of behaviour and a code of conduct
- Have robust policies and procedures regarding safeguarding children and young people
- Have a commitment to safeguarding children and young people, and put safeguarding high on everyone's agenda
Recruitment and selection:
As part of our recruitment and selection process we ensure;
- The job description and person specification have a clear statement about the role, responsibilities and expectations regarding the attributes and characteristics necessary
- Our advertising sends out the right message about safeguarding
- Our application process gathers, analyses and follows up information provided by candidates
- References are obtained and checked which ask specific questions about the candidate’s suitability
- Interviews are conducted by people in safer recruitment
- Identity and qualification checks are conducted
- Vetting checks and medical checks are conducted
- Hartpury College is an equal opportunities employer