Every aspect of our specialist campus is designed to equip students with the skills, knowledge and experience they need to open the door to their dream career, while providing exceptional opportunities to develop as an athlete and to enjoy a wide range of recreational sports and activities.
And with a wide range of sports degree courses to choose from at Hartpury, there’s bound to be one that suits you. We offer everything from Honours and Foundation degrees through to postgraduate study with programmes including Sports Therapy, Sport and Exercise Science and Nutrition, Sports Coaching, Physical Education and School Sport, Sports Business Management and Strength and Conditioning.
Choosing Hartpury University Centre for your sport degree means…
• Studying in a unique environment that’s as close as it gets to a professional sports club
• Access to outstanding facilities on a 360-hectare specialist campus
• Opportunities to take insights from the classroom and apply them on site, working with elite athletes across Hartpury’s 10 sports academies, including our new multi-sports academy
• Benefiting from our long-standing partnerships and network of contacts with major sports clubs, organisations and governing bodies
• Countless opportunities to gain work and real world experience and network with key players in the industry
• Being supported by specialist teaching and coaching staff with vast industry experience within a research active community.
And you’ll be more than just a number at Hartpury University Centre. With small lecture sizes and your own personal tutor, your lecturers and coaches will support you as an individual to be the best you can become.
Hartpury also offers a wide range of additional professional courses, training and coaching clinics, information sessions and industry trips that you can undertake alongside your degree to boost your CV and further explore the areas you are interested in – not only in sport but in our other specialist areas in equine, animal and agriculture. Plus you’ll have access to regular demonstrations, clinics and guest lectures by industry professionals and coaches throughout your studies.
Having produced more than 150 sporting internationals in the last 10 years, we’ve also got an exceptional track record in supporting elite athletes to balance their academic and sporting commitments, putting them on the road not only to professional contracts but also a career beyond sport. Don't just take our word for it, take a look at our video of Gloucester Rugby Director of Rugby, David Humphreys (click the name for the link!), giving his verdict!
Our sport graduates use the experience they gain at Hartpury to move into jobs in sport coaching, teaching, performance, therapy, strength and conditioning, business and media throughout the UK and internationally.
Take Jonathan Robinson for example, who is working as a performance analyst at Liverpool Football Club. Another former Hartpury student, Paul Goulding, is an analyst for the USA Eagles international rugby team, while graduate Lee Douglas is the strength and conditioning coach for the Canada rugby team, having previously worked with England Rugby, and Greg Adkin secured a role as an academy coach for Welsh Rowing. You can see more of our graduate success stories here.
Apply for a university course online here
WHERE TO FIND US: