Level 3 Extended Diploma Animal Science
If you want to become a vet, our new Animal Science Diploma provides a great alternative route to prepare you for going on to study veterinary medicine and science at university
It’s also ideal for anyone wanting to pursue further study in Bioveterinary Sciences, Animal Sciences, Animal Nutrition or for those wishing to go directly into an Animal Science-based job after they finish college.
The new BTEC Level Extended 3 Diploma in Animal Science is a full-time programme that can be completed in two years or in three years if you choose the option of a sandwich year, giving you invaluable experience working in the industry. The equivalent of 3 A-levels, this new Diploma will give you the knowledge, skills and understanding you need to progress on to further veterinary and animal science study, plus our large and varied animal collection of exotic species, horses, small animals and domestic species of livestock at Home Farm offer excellent practical hands-on learning opportunities.
Why you should study this programme
· Hartpury College is currently working with a leading Vet School to ensure that students are offered a guaranteed interview to study veterinary medicine with them subject to achievement of the required grades
· You can choose to complete a year-long work placement on an optional sandwich year with a wide range of animal science-based employers, benefiting from Hartpury’s extensive industry contacts.
· You will complete a Practical Skills Portfolio (small animal, farm and equine) to support your application to Vet School
· You could choose to complete an international study tour abroad (science-based) as part of the programme, potentially to the United States or Japan (optional)
· Those wishing to progress to study Veterinary Medicine will be given support for their BMAT (Biomedical Admissions Test)
· You will complete a wide range of units of study ranging from animal sciences through to practical application and animal handling
On successful completion of this course and a suitable reference from a tutor, you will be able to progress on to a Foundation degree or Honours degree (subject to entry requirements).
Our students have gone on to some fantastic careers in a wide range of industries and enjoyed some exceptional work placements all over the world, helping them open doors to their dream careers. You can read our students’ stories here
6 GCSEs at B or above to include English Language, Maths and Science
Students under 19 on 31 August 2016 are free (full time courses only). Examination fees for main qualifications are also free.
Students aged 19 to 23 may need to pay tuition fees. We may be able to waive your fees if you are unemployed and receiving Jobseekers Allowance, studying your first full level 2 qualification or level 3 qualification.
Students aged 24 and over. You may need to pay for your course.
Educational visits charge: An annual £65 fee is payable for all students and covers the cost of outside visits, special speakers and a contribution to the cost of administration.
When should I apply
We welcome applications for September 2016 entry from October 2015 onwards. You do not have to wait for your GCSE results.
How to apply
Please download the application form. Please note: you can complete this form on your computer and then print it to send back to us - you are unable to save. We will then contact you to arrange an interview.