OCR Level 5 Diploma in Teaching Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties
The OCR Level 5 Diploma in Teaching Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties has been designed to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of dyslexia and specific learning difficulties; enabling teachers and other professionals to support learners who have specific learning difficulties affecting literacy and numeracy.
The course would benefit:
- Classroom teachers and learning support staff in schools
- Learning support tutors and trainers in Further Education (i.e. colleges) and/or basic skills training
- Qualified teachers who work as independent practitioners
- Learning support tutors in Higher Education institutions (i.e. universities)
- Speech and language therapists and other health professionals working in an educational setting
- Chartered/graduate psychologists
Candidates should possess an appropriate level of learning support experience and should have access to appropriate teaching and assessment practice. In order to cope with the demands of the assessments, it is anticipated that candidates will have a high level of skill, and be operating at or above Level 3 in literacy, numeracy and ICT. A minimum of a L2 literacy and numeracy qualification and a L3 Teaching Qualification, as well as a current DBS check will be required.
All candidates will be interviewed and those without formal qualifications will be considered with appropriate experience.
Start date to be confirmed
Time: 1.30 pm to 4.30pm
Part time - One afternoon a week for 24 weeks
Course cost £1300.00
When should I apply
Please call our short course department for an application form on 01452 702529
How to apply