The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a first stage teaching qualification which has a teaching/training practice requirement. It is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England. It may be possible for pre-service teachers/trainers (defined as those who are not formally contracted as teachers/trainers) to also complete this qualification. All candidates, whether pre-service or in-service must have access to 30 hours of teaching. This qualification is also suitable for those delivering education and training in any learning environment.
Candidates who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning, and be able to assess learning and use appropriate resources to support effective learning.
The qualification allows candidates to progress into employment as teachers/trainers, as well as to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Written and practical assignments plus a minimum of three teaching practice observations - You will be observed by your tutor or a member of the teacher training team on three occasions, each observation with be one hour duration. You will need to ensure that your teaching is spread across the course so that your progress can be monitored.
This qualification is suitable for those who wish to have careers as:
- teachers/trainers in Further Education Colleges
- trainers in commerce, industry, the public sector, HM forces or the prison service
- teachers/trainers/assessors in work-based learning
- teachers/trainers in the voluntary sector
A level 3 qualification in your subject specialism
At least 30 hours Teaching Practice available throughout the duration of the course (this can be on a one-to-one or group basis).
A good standard of education including literacy and numeracy.
Dates 2017- 2018:
- 26 September, 3rd October, 10th October, 17th October 24th October, 31st October. 7th November, 14th November, 21st November, 28th November, 5th December, 9th January, 16th January, 23rd January, 30st January, 6th February, 27th February, 6th March, 13th March, 20th March, 27th March, 24th April, 1st May, 8th May, 15th May & 22nd May
Telephone for availability: 01452 702 529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org