Women's Elite Football Programme Studentship Opportunities
University Hartpury Centre are offering talented football players, coaches and analysts the chance to study whilst playing and / or working within the Women’s Elite Football programme for the upcoming 2017/18 and 18/19 academic years. Hartpury’s newly formed women’s academy has had great success in its first year and are looking to build on this. Hartpury is renowned for helping students progress into professional football from either a playing or support service perspective by providing an ideal setting that combines professional academy environment and countless professional development opportunities and links.
The Football Studentship offers part-funded places on the Hartpury’s MSc Coaching Science, Applied Strength and Conditioning or Professional Development degree to enable suitable candidates to combine both working and/or playing within an academy football programme with postgraduate studies. Studentship responsibilities will be negotiated with the football academy staff but may include coaching, team management, sport science support and teaching assistance within undergraduate degrees and college courses.
This opportunity helps you develop your chosen skills in a professional training environment whilst enjoying developing in an academy as a player or as part of the support services whilst gaining an MSc in your desired area.
Potential Studentship responsibilities include the following:
- Fulfilling a key role in playing or coaching / analysis and sport science support.
- Completing postgraduate projects which combine MSc study with work-based responsibilities in the football department programme.
- Contributing to the planning, delivery and review of specific HE Sport department undergraduate modules.
- Leading training sessions and fulfilling managerial duties within the football teams.
- Assisting the football programme’s support services including performance analysis, strength and conditioning, physiotherapy, nutrition, psychology and performance lifestyle.
For further information please contact Chris Knowles on 01452 702633. Alternatively, you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 4th September 2017.