Riders must have 5 GCSE grades at C or above, and be continuing in education at school or college. This is a minimum requirement to be considered for selection. You must also be resident in England and meet the sporting requirements below:
• Riders should be competing consistently at Medium level and above and achieving 65% or more.
• (Applicants should have a minimum of four results at the level required in the 12 months prior to application).
• Riders will also be considered on younger horses (up to 7 years of age) who demonstrate the potential to compete successfully at International level and are already competing consistently at Elementary or above and achieving 70% or more.
• Please note freestyle scores do not count towards minimum criteria.
• Riders must have a current classification and should be consistently and currently scoring 62% in their relevant grade at BD Para Dressage Competitions.
• Please note freestyle scores cannot be counted.
- Top 25% of starters in a CCI1* / - from 1st July 2018, CCI2* (from 2019) to close of application date
- Top 25% of starters in the 2018 National U18 Championships
- Long listed for the 2018/19 Junior European Team
- Long listed for the 2018/19 Pony European Team
- Top 25% of starters at the 2018 U18 Regional Team Championships
- 25% of starters in the 2018 Pony Club Open Championships
The qualifying (MER's) results are as follows:
FEI Qualification CCI1*(2018), CCI2* (from 2019)
These results must have been achieved within British Showjumping classes since 1st Jan 2018.
- 4 years; 90cm/ 1.00m - 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.00m table A7.
- 5 years; 1.00m / 1.10m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.10m table A7.
- 6 years; 1.10m / 1.20m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.20m table A7.
- 7 years; 1.20m / 1.30m 2 double clears – if no double clear at 1.30m must have 4 double clears at 1.20m table A7.
- 8 years and above; 1.30m 4 double clears
Applications will be accepted from riders who are in their 16th year riding ponies, and have achieved a minimum 4 double clears 1.10m, one of which must have been Table A7 on their ponies. They must however, have moved onto horses and be riding horses for the duration of the programme.
Please be aware combinations achieving double clears at the biggest height per age category will be given priority selection.
Please note we will welcome applications that do not meet the sporting criteria if evidence can be provided to justify this.