- Racehorse Trainer
- Level 3 Extended Diploma Horse Management (Business)
Riders must have 5 GCSE grades at C or above, and be continuing in education at school or college. This is a minimum requirement to be considered for selection. You must also be resident in England and meet the sporting requirements below:
• Riders should be competing consistently at Medium level and above and achieving 65% or more.
• (Applicants should have a minimum of four results at the level required in the 12 months prior to application).
• Riders will also be considered on younger horses (up to 7 years of age) who demonstrate the potential to compete successfully at International level and are already competing consistently at Elementary or above and achieving 70% or more.
• Please note freestyle scores do not count towards minimum criteria.
• Riders must have a current classification and should be consistently and currently scoring 62% in their relevant grade at BD Para Dressage Competitions.
• Please note freestyle scores cannot be counted.
The qualifying (MER's) results are as follows:
Please note we will welcome applications that do not meet the sporting criteria if evidence can be provided to justify this.
How do I apply?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (DISE Manager at Hartpury College) and request an application form. The closing date for applications is Friday 29 June.
Hartpury’s world class equine facilities are used not only for formal learning but also for work experience, including at our own commercial Equine Therapy Centre and in our events department, supporting our international showpiece events and other high quality competitions, with the chance to work with some of the stars of the equine world. Many students also complete work placements out in industry, including at top yards and riding centres and in marketing and commercial roles.
Are you unsure about whether A Levels or a BTEC Diploma are the right choice for you? Find out the key differences and which qualification would best suit your learning style and your career and further study ambitions on our dedicated page.Find out more