- Level 3 Extended Diploma Equine Management
Riders must have 5 GCSE grades at C or above, and be continuing in education at school or college. This is a minimum requirement to be considered for selection. You must also be resident in England and meet the sporting requirements below:
• Riders should be competing consistently at Medium level and above and achieving 65% or more.
• (Applicants should have a minimum of four results at the level required in the 12 months prior to application).
• Riders will also be considered on younger horses (up to 7 years of age) who demonstrate the potential to compete successfully at International level and are already competing consistently at Elementary or above and achieving 70% or more.
• Please note freestyle scores do not count towards minimum criteria.
• Riders must have a current classification and should be consistently and currently scoring 62% in their relevant grade at BD Para Dressage Competitions.
• Please note freestyle scores cannot be counted.
The qualifying (MER's) results are as follows:
FEI Qualification CCI1*(2018), CCI2* (from 2019)
These results must have been achieved within British Showjumping classes since 1st Jan 2018.
Applications will be accepted from riders who are in their 16th year riding ponies, and have achieved a minimum 4 double clears 1.10m, one of which must have been Table A7 on their ponies. They must however, have moved onto horses and be riding horses for the duration of the programme.
Please be aware combinations achieving double clears at the biggest height per age category will be given priority selection.
Please note we will welcome applications that do not meet the sporting criteria if evidence can be provided to justify this.
Hartpury’s world-class equine facilities are used not only for formal learning but also for work experience, including at our own commercial Equine Therapy Centre and in our events department, supporting our international showpiece events and other high quality competitions, with the chance to work with some of the stars of the equine world. Many students also complete work placements out in industry, including at top yards and riding centres and in marketing and commercial roles.
Once we receive your application, we will write and invite you to attend an interview and written assessment with a member of staff on your chosen course. The interview is an opportunity to discuss the course content, ask any questions you may have and go on a tour of the campus.
If you are unable to complete an online application please contact email@example.com
Are you unsure about whether A Levels or a BTEC Diploma are the right choice for you? Find out the key differences and which qualification would best suit your learning style and your career and further study ambitions on our dedicated page.Find out more