If you have a strong interest in Sport, Outdoor Adventure, or Public Services, and you’re keen to progress your career in this area then this is the ideal course for you. This one-year qualification will support the transition from GCSE-level study to a level 3 qualification.
You’ll study on a specialist sports campus with world-class facilities and expertise. Hartpury’s global reputation for sport attracts talented athletes, coaches and industry professionals, making the campus a semi-professional learning environment.
The course will provide you with an opportunity to tailor your learning to suit your area of interest.
What you will study
You will develop practical skills in a range of outdoor activities including water based sports and land based sports such as:
Your course will include units such as:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Programmes
- Leading Sports Activities
- Sports Injuries
You will have opportunities to undertake National Governing Body awards and industry-recognised qualifications to complement your CV.
A work placement during your course will enable you to:
- Gain first-hand experience of the industry
- Explore a career that is of interest to you
- Acquire valuable contacts and often secure placement jobs with their placement provider
You will also benefit from:
- Industry speakers in lecturers
- Field trips to strengthen your learning
- Our strong partnerships with outdoor centres across Gloucestershire and further afield. Trips to these will enable you to put into practice what you learn in the classroom
Career and education opportunities
The course includes exciting topics that lead to exciting career opportunities in the Sport and Outdoor Adventure Industry.
On successful completion of this course, you could be eligible to progress onto either a Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Outdoor Adventure or a Level 3 90 Credit Diploma Uniformed and Public Services, followed by employment or university-level study.