Getting around at Hartpury is easy. You can hop on one of the public buses that stop regularly on campus. Alongside that, we offer on-campus parking for student cars and have great relationships with local taxi firms. The below information is correct for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Regular public buses
The following public buses stop regularly on campus, as follows:
- Swanbrook bus number 354 - travel from Hartpury to Gloucester Monday to Saturday
This public bus stops on the main A417 outside the campus:
- Stagecoach bus number 351 travel from Hartpury to Tewkesbury Monday to Saturday
- Swanbrook bus number HC06 - Cheltenham/Leckhampton/Hatherley/PE Way to Hartpury
- Swanbrook bus number HC07 - Burford/Northleach/North Cheltenham to Hartpury
- Swanbrook bus number HC08 - Bishops Cleeve/Tewkesbury to Hartpury
- Grindles Usk
- James Bevan - Chepstow and A48
- KB Coaches - Forest of Dean
- KB Coaches - Olveston
- KB Coaches - Worcester/Malvern/Ledbury
- KB Coaches - Tuffley
- KB Coaches - Yate
- KB Coaches - Cirencester, Stroud and Stonehouse
- Alcester and A46
- Burley Gate
- Cirencester (circular)
- Cotswold (middle)
- Cotswold (north)
- Forest of Dean
- Gloucestershire (south)
- Hereford (south)
- Hereford (west)
- Leominster (south and east)
- Stow and Bourton
- Stroud (circular)
- Worcester (east)
- Worcester (south)
- Worcester (west)
Student transport is based on three zones and charging bands. Payment reserves a seat five days a week during the academic year.
- Zone One: covers places such as Newent, Gloucester, Deerhurst and Highnam.
- Zone Two: covers places such as Stroud, Ledbury, Malvern, Cinderford and Tewkesbury.
- Zone Three: covers places such as Thornbury, Worcester, Bourton-on-the-Water, Stow-on-the-Wold, Evesham and Cirencester.
Download the application form and then pay your deposit and provide debit/credit card details to set up a recurring card payment to cover the fees.
You can then email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can send it by post, addressing it to the Finance Department, c/o Student Services, Hartpury University and Hartpury College, Gloucester, GL19 3BE.
If you are sending them by email, please include the wording ‘Transport Application’ in the subject line.
Subsidised bus passes
You may also be entitled to a subsidised bus pass which you need apply for through your Local Education Authority. Currently this is available to students who are aged under 19 on 31st August of the year they enrol. Applications should be made directly to the Council, not Hartpury and here are some council details.
- Hereford 01432 260924 http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk
- Worcester 01905 768324http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk
- Gloucester County Council do not offer a subsidised bus pass
If you need to get a taxi, local taxi company Andycars offer a discounted rate for Hartpury students, currently around £13 (£3.25 each) for a four-seater taxi into Gloucester.
For more information about transport, contact us.