Want to study abroad?

Do you want to meet new friends and gain a flavour of student life in the UK? You are not alone!

We are receiving more and more enquiries from students in the USA wishing to gain a unique learning experience and an amazing cultural immersion into the heart of England.
Our Study Abroad programme offers a unique study experience, especially designed for students enrolled at a college/university overseas.

How it works

You will have the flexibility to study classes (modules) from our degree programmes in Equine or Sport or Animal Science over one or two semesters.
An Associate Faculty of the University of the West of England, we have a growing reputation for quality teaching and excellent modern facilities. Our aim is to help you continue to be a successful student achieving your academic and personal goals whilst gaining credit towards your degree back home.

Please note: You will need to apply for a student visitor’s visa before you travel.

Visa Information

Immigration control in the UK affects everyone who is not a British/EU passport holder. The Home Office Visa and Immigration – Gov.UK is the Government department responsible for determining who may enter UK and for how long.
Hartpury holds a UK Visa and Immigration service (UKVI) ‘A Rating’ Sponsor licence. This means that we are fully approved and licensed to recruit international students who will require Tier 4 student visas in order to study in the UK.

Find out more here

The best piece of advice I can give to anyone who is trying to decide whether they should do the Delaware Valley College, USA exchange is; just go for it. This exchange programme is a once in a life time opportunity for any student. The only thing I wish I could change about the programme is that I wish it could be longer. You will meet great people, ride great horses and have great experiences. Just be prepared to get stuck in and meet new people and before long you won’t want to leave.


Gemma Barton exchange student