Exchange Programmes and Study Abroad
Study Abroad is an exciting opportunity to learn in a new country, experience new perspectives, and create lasting friendships. Hartpury offers a unique study abroad experience at a specialist campus for those studying animal, agriculture, equine, sport, and business related topics. Students wishing to join the Hartpury community can study for one or two semesters and customise their learning experience. Each student can select modules from across our programme provision to meet their personal interests and any education requirements of their home institutions. After applying, we work with students and institution faculty to compare our offerings with their home courses to ensure a match.
Our semesters run from:
- Semester 1: Lectures - September to December, Exams - December to January
- Semester 2: Lectures - January to April (3 weeks Easter break), Exams - May to June.
- Resit Exams: Semester 1, May; Semester 2, July.
Hartpury welcomes applications from any interested student from any country, and regularly works with universities and colleges in the USA. Want to experience what Hartpury has to offer? Download the application form.
Please direct applications and enquiries to email@example.com.
Study Abroad Students will need a UK study visa:
- Studying 6 months or less (one semester of study): Short-term study visa obtained at the UK Border upon arrival
- Studying more than 6 months (two semesters of study): Tier 4 (General) study visa obtained prior to leaving your home country
- Information on short term study visas can be found on the UK government website
- Hartpury holds a Tier 4 Sponsor licence and can sponsor study abroad students in the UK.
Hartpury is located in the heart of Gloucestershire countryside, just a short drive from Gloucester city centre.
- Visit the City of Gloucester: http://www.thecityofgloucester.co.uk/
- Visit England: https://www.visitengland.com/things-to-do/gloucestershire
- Visit the Cotswolds: https://www.cotswolds.com/
American Federal Student Aid and Student Loans
Federal Student Aid
Hartpury University is eligible to certify Federal Direct Loan applications for students studying at our Gloucestershire campus. Our OPE ID number is 04279500.
Full details of the application process are outlined in the links below. However, in short, you can apply as follows:
Step One: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Complete your FAFSA application ensuring you list Hartpury University as your chosen School.
Step Two: Master Promissory Note
Step Three: Entrance Counselling
Complete your entrance counselling.
For one year / final year student please also complete exit counselling.
Step Four: Register your details with the University
Complete our Federal Student Loan registration form which will collect details about you, the course on which you are studying and the loan (or loans) you are applying for. Once we have this information, we will be able to start assessing your eligibility for the loan.
Having submitted the form, should any of your details change, please ensure you keep us up to date by email.
In compliance with Federal Aid regulations, Hartpury University is required to provide the following consumer information to students, the US Department of Education and others.
Current tuition fee and student finance information may be viewed here
Should you have any further queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hartpury are also set up for private loans through Sallie Mae. Hartpury students/ families are eligible to apply for the following options: Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan, Sallie Mae Parent Loan, and Sallie Mae Graduate School Loan.
Applications can be made online at https://www.salliemae.com/