I am an Undergraduate - Can I move into my room before 10th September 2017?

Sorry, unfortunately not. There are many hotels and B&B facilities in the local area. Postgraduate and overseas students who have a different registration date should refer to their provided information for their start and move in dates.

What happens on Residential Welcome Day?

For those living in halls of residence, this is the day when you’ll be able to collect your room key and settle in to your accommodation.

What happens if I am not residential?

Your first day is Monday 11th September. You are not required to come on the Sunday to Residential Welcome Day.

Someone is dropping me off, do they need to stay?

The majority of students are accompanied by an adult who has driven them to the campus. You may want their help to ensure you have registered, collected your key, organised payments / finances, and with your unpacking. After this, guests tend to disperse to leave you to settle in and meet your new housemates.

Unfortunately, on-campus accommodation is not available for guests. There are a few hotels and B&B facilities in the local area.

Will my personal belongings be safe?

You are strongly advised to arrange insurance cover for your personal belongings. Many insurance companies offer reasonably priced contents insurance for students.

Hartpury accepts no responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage, by theft, fire or other cause, of personal property or money on campus.

How do I let you know about a change to my personal details?

Please email admissions@hartpury.ac.uk as early as possible in advance of arrival.

I have a form that needs to be completed – can anyone do this for me when I register?

If you have a form that requires a signature and stamp from Hartpury to confirm that you have registered, Academic Services will be able to help you with this once you have arrived.  They are based in the University Learning Centre.

When will I get my timetable and reading lists?

These will be given out as part of your academic induction with the Course Team, once you have chosen your optional modules. As timetables are based on the modules you select, we are unable to provide them in advance.

What clothing/equipment will I need to bring with me?

A list of clothing and equipment needed for specific courses can be found on our website.  Please pay particular attention if you are commencing a course where a lab coat is required, as this should be ordered in advance where possible.

What ID do I need to bring?

It is essential that you provide photographic ID at enrolment - a passport is preferred. If you do not have a passport, please bring a drivers licence accompanied by a birth certificate. Please bring originals (you can take them away with you) AND A PHOTOCOPY. If you do not have the ID mentioned above, please contact the Admissions Team for advice.

Do I need a TV licence if I have a TV in my room?

Yes. It is the law that if you watch or record a TV programme live as it is being aired on TV, on any type of device, you must have a valid TV licence. Devices include TVs, laptops, tablets, PCs, mobile phones, games consoles, digital boxes and DVD recorders. You can find more information at: www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/for-your-home/students-aud1/.

Where is the nearest cash machine?

There are two cash machines on campus one by the entrance to Graze and one in Legends Student Bar.

How can I get around if I don't have a car?

A bus service between Gloucester and the College is available throughout the day and into the evening. A service also runs daily on weekdays between Bishops Cleeve and Cheltenham and the College.

For residential students, a limited service runs between Cheltenham and Gloucester to the campus at weekends. More information and a current timetable can be found at: http://www.hartpury.ac.uk/university-centre/facilities/life-at-hartpury/transport/

Residential students often arrange to share taxis to get into nearby Gloucester and Cheltenham for days and nights out and the same goes for students living off campus coming into Hartpury.

A local taxi company, Andycars, offer a special rate for Hartpury students, currently around £12 for a four seater taxi into Gloucester.

How do I join a Sports Academy?

If you would like to represent one of the academy sports at Hartpury in the 2017/18 season then you must become a member of the Sports Academy. You can pay for this via our online shop here.

Sports Academy membership fee for a university student is £200 for the year (this also includes a free student gym membership for the year).

How do I get a gym membership?

You can also join the gym if you are not a member of the sports academy. The fee is an annual one off payment of £80 which can be paid at the Sports Academy reception or via the online shop. Before starting in the gym, you will need to arrange your induction session with the Sports Academy reception. You can use the gym outside of booked sessions. For more information, please visit www.hartpury.ac.uk/sport/facilities

The Sports Academy is open from 07:00 – 21:00 Monday to Friday during term time and 08:30 – 16:30 on weekends. Sports Academy team will be present during Welcome Week to have a chat with and answer any questions.

How do I purchase Hartpury Sports kit?

Visit the Hartpury College online shop www.hartpuryshop.com. You can then purchase the kit which is relevant to your course or sport.

Footwear on the rubber crumb pitches

Please note that you will need to wear suitable astroturf, football or bladed boots for the rubber crumb surfaces. No other footwear will be allowed.

What if I play a different sport to the academy teams?

If you play a different sport to that offered by one of our academies then you should get in touch with the Hartpury Students’ Union and they will be able to put you in touch with the person who currently runs that club or society or give you ideas on how to set one up.

Alternatively, pop along to the Freshers’ Fayre and meet the students who run different clubs and societies on campus.

What about if I want to get active but I don't like the gym?

There are many sessions run by the Hartpury Active Coordinator. You do not need to be a sporty or have a gym membership. You simply need to have a desire to increase your activity level.

Activities range from drop-in badminton sessions to express spin classes to traditional fitness circuits.

A full programme of activities is available on Facebook - Hartpury Active or, Instagram - @puryactive.

Many of the sessions are available to you free or, they cost just £1. All you need to to do is pick which activities you'd like to attend and then just turn up.

Other Related Information