Hartpury Strength and Conditioning Studentship Opportunity
Hartpury University Centre are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated coach to work within the Hartpury Rugby programme for the upcoming 2017/18 academic year, working across the Championship, BUCS Super League and AASE squads.
The Studentship offers a part-funded place on the University Centre MSc Applied Strength and Conditioning degree to enable suitable candidates to combine both working with postgraduate study. Studentship responsibilities will be negotiated with the Rugby Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach.
The role will be in-conjunction with a student warden role. As a student warden you will live in under 18 FE accommodation & work as part of the residential warden team to safeguard the 650 under 18 students we have living on campus. The warden role will involve working one evening a week and one full weekend every 6 weeks.
The successful candidates would be required to start in June 2017.
Potential Studentship responsibilities could include the following:
- Planning and delivery of the S&C programme.
- Monitoring and management of training load.
- Assisting in delivery of field and gym based testing.
- Delivery of rugby session warm-up and prehab.
- Match day support.
- Preferably a 2.1 undergraduate degree in strength and conditioning, sports science or related field.
- Previous S&C coaching experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of S&C methods and principles.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver sessions.
- Strong computer literacy and use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point.
- Experience of living within a student based residential setting
- Full driving licence.
In return, the right candidate will receive funding towards their MSc in Applied Strength and Conditioning, full accommodation with a generous monthly food allowance included.
Applications have now closed. Please email any enquiries to: Mathew.email@example.com
For course enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org