Hartpury was pleased to host the Festival of Dressage and welcome Olympic-level riders to its Gloucestershire campus across five action-packed days of dressage.
Olympic Gold medallist Charlotte Dujardin stole the limelight as she claimed seven wins across the five day event. She produced a string of exquisite tests which saw her beat her Olympic team mates Carl Hester, Spencer Wilton and Fiona Bigwood to the top spots.
Charlotte claimed the victory in the following classes:
- Fairfax Saddles, Monarch Equestrian FEI Prix St Georges
- Baileys Horse Feeds FEI CDI Grand Prix Special
- Elite Stallion Young Horse PSG Championship (Gala)
- Equine Construction Advanced Medium 96
- Shearwater 6 year old Semi-Final
- Hazlewoods FEI CDI Grand Prix
- Elite Stallions Young Horse Prix St Georges Qualifier
Great Britain Para riders put in spectacular performances during the first three days of the festival in the Team Tests, Individual Championship Tests and Freestyle Tests, grades I-V. Highlights include:
- Sophie Wells and C Fatal Attraction claimed three Grade V wins and celebrated the highest overall score in the Para competition
- Isobelle Palmer and Touchdown M won all three Grade IV tests
- Natasha Baker rode Mount St John Diva Dannebrog to victory in all three Grade III tests
- Lee Pearson and Styletta secured two wins in two days in the Grade II tests
- Mari Durward Akhurst and Sky O Hara won two Grade 1 tests
The Saturday Gala Evening was a celebratory event with two classes, a music demonstration by world-renowned dressage composer Tom Hunt and a prize giving to round-off the evening.
Olympic dressage rider Richard Davison won the NAF Superflex FEI CDI3* Grand Prix Freestyle for the second year running with his 12-year-old KWPN gelding Bubblingh. Charlotte wowed the crowds in the Elite Stallion Young Horse PSG Championship with a stunning ride on Gio to claim the top spot.
Spectators were treated to an informative lecture demo by Tom Hunt, who showed them how he puts together the perfect musical compilation for a dressage freestyle. Renowned young horse producer and international dressage rider Rebecca Hughes and her daughter Ruby helped the demonstration by trotting and cantering in time with the music.
The Gala Evening live stream will be broadcast on the Festival of Dressage website on Saturday (14 July). Click on the ‘live stream’ tab to catch Charlotte Dujardin and Richard Davison’s winning performances as well as Tom Hunt’s music demo.
Thank you to the sponsors: Fairfax Saddles, Cavalor, Equine Construction, Baileys Horse Feeds, NAF M Power, Lovingtons Ice Cream, Saracen Horse Feeds, LeMieux. Elite Stallions, Classic Dressage, Hazlewoods, Shearwater, Freeflex, Superflex, Andrews Bowen, Hickstead and Dawson Memorial. Thanks also to Aiver Sport for donating the saddle won by Gaynor Fleming at the Gala Evening.
Picture: Charlotte Dujardin aboard River Rise Nisa