If you’re looking to come to university but don’t quite have the right qualifications to study at degree level, our Access to Higher Education Diploma in Sports Science could be the perfect step to get you where you need to be.
- You could get your tuition fees completely paid if you’re aged 19-23 and haven’t already studied a level 3 (for example, A-levels or diploma) qualification
- You can study flexibly alongside your other commitments
- On completion, you’ll be ready to succeed at your chosen sports degree
As one of the UK’s most successful educational institutions for sport, you’ll be learning from people who know exactly what it takes to manage the complex sporting infrastructure that operates behind the scenes to support elite athletes.
At Hartpury, our Access to Higher Education Diplomas give you the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to go on and study a degree in your chosen field. Our unique environment gives you access to our wide variety of facilities including performance and science laboratories, gyms, rehabilitation suites and sports pitches. You will also have full access to our 24-hour University Learning Centre.
This diploma programme is made up of individual units which will build your knowledge of coaching, human and sports science, the wider sports industry and study skills that will help you be successful in your degree studies.
The course runs from September to June. You will need to commit to 15 hours a week of contact time over a full academic year. In addition, you will need to invest a similar number of hours for your personal study. Teaching will take place on three days per week (currently Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays), with the teaching day usually starting at 10.30am and finishing usually at 4.30pm. Wednesdays are usually kept free to enable participation in competitive and recreational sports. Many of our students are involved with elite sports and equestrian programmes.
You may be entitled to a fee remission if you are receiving certain benefits or to have your tuition fees waived if this is your first level 3 qualification and you are under 24 years of age on the 1st September of the year you wish to study.
- UK Students aged 19 to 23 years of age: £3,384 (2019 September entry)
- UK Students aged 24 and over: £3,384 (2019 September entry)
- UK Students aged 24+ may be eligible to apply for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan to cover the cost of their fees. These loans may not require repayment if you then continue onto, and complete, a degree. Find out more here.
There are also government backed loans for students who are 19-23, details yet to be confirmed.
As government backed funding is always changing please be aware that this information is a guideline only and is subject to change beyond our control. Please contact us to discuss your circumstances and what financial support may be available