If you have a strong interest in sport and you’re keen to progress your career in PE, coaching, and fitness, then this is the ideal course for you. This one-year qualification will support the transition from GCSE-level study to a level 3 qualification, and then into employment or university.
You’ll study on a specialist sports campus with world-class facilities and expertise. Hartpury’s global reputation for sport attracts talented athletes, coaches, and industry professionals, making the campus a semi-professional learning environment.
What you will study
You’ll undertake both theory and practical sessions and cover a wide variety of sports and leisure industry topics.
You will be able to develop your knowledge of:
• Competitive sports, exploring different disciplines and the requirements of different athletes
• The science of the human body, looking at the fitness levels required for different types of sport and exercise
You will study exciting topics such as:
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Exercise Programmes
• Leading Sports Activities and Sports Injuries
Work placement during your course will enable you to:
• Gain first-hand experience of the industry
• Explore a career that is of interest to you
• Acquire valuable contacts, which can lead to securing placement jobs with your placement provider
You will also benefit from industry speakers in lecturers and field trips to strengthen your learning.
Career and education opportunities
On successful completion of this course, you could be eligible to progress onto one of our Level 3 Foundation Diplomas in General Sport (Fitness or PE and Coaching), followed by employment or university-level study. The units that you will cover in this course are exciting topics that lead to great career opportunities in the Sports, Leisure and Recreation Industry.