This two-year Extended Diploma provides you with the opportunity to improve your own golfing skills and performance while gaining knowledge and an understanding of the world of elite golfers. You will investigate the techniques used to identify talent and analyse the performances of world-class golfers utilising these techniques.
Completing some work experience during your first and second years will allow you to gain first-hand experience of the industry, as well as invaluable networking opportunities and contacts.
What you will study
In both years of study, you will spend one day a week participating in practical golf sessions at a local golf course.
Modules will include:
• Anatomy and Physiology of Golf
• Fitness Training and Programming for Golfers
• Golf Coaching for Performance
• Practical Performance in Golf
Why you should study this course
• The outstanding sports facilities on campus enable you to put into practice what you learn in the classroom
• You will have access to an excellent range of sports and golf specific facilities including: 10 bay golf driving range on campus, swing studio, artificial putting green, and bunkered short game area
• You will receive a membership at a local golf course in order for you to fully participate on the programme
• You will have coaching available on request, delivered by three fully qualified PGA professionals
This course has strong links with the Golf Academy allowing some students to represent the college at the highest levels of college golf.
Career and education opportunities
When you have successfully completed this course you can progress on to a foundation degree or full honours degree level, dependent on your overall achievement. Alternatively, you could go on to study for your Professional Golfers’ Association qualification.
The Golf industry has changed dramatically over the past 10 years, due to the launch of a government initiative that encouraged the development of 800 new golf clubs in the UK. Today there are over 3,000 clubs nationally and approximately 6,000 professionals.