This scholarship enables emerging trailblazers from all over the world to utilise their Hartpury qualification to grow the industries of equine, sport, agriculture and animal. Whilst there is no ‘typical’ award winner, we are looking for individuals who have the passion, ideas and influence to develop the industry to create a better future.
Scholarships of £3,000 per person are available to support international students to join and excel at Hartpury College. They are open to new full-time international fee-paying students enrolling in September 2023.
To apply for a scholarship, complete the application form and write a 500-word essay answering the question:
‘How will you use your Hartpury qualification to grow the equine, sports, agriculture or animal industry to create a better future?’
applications for september 2023 entry are now closed.
applications for september 2024 entry will open on 1 september 2023.
In order to be eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship, you must complete the below actions by 16 June 2023:
- Received and accepted an offer to study at Hartpury College
- Submitted your 500-word personal statement
- Pay your full tuition fee deposit (50% of your first-year tuition fee)
Terms and Conditions:
- The Principal's International Scholarship is an award of £3,000 applied to students entering into year 1 of a Hartpury programme in 2023.
- It is applied to your first year of study only.
- Scholarships are not applicable for Access to Higher Education diplomas, but will be available if you go onto study a full-time degree at Hartpury University.
- This will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount only and cannot be used in place of any required deposit. The tuition fee discount will be deducted off your second tuition fee instalment. Once you have been awarded the scholarship, you will receive a revised invoice for your first-year tuition fee. No cash alternative is available.
- If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry your scholarship will not be transferred. However, you will be eligible to apply for scholarships applicable for the next academic year.
- Future requests for further funding will not be considered under this scheme.
- Applicants who are in receipt of any other scholarship, bursary, funding or discount will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- You must be confirmed as an international student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).
- The Principal's International Scholarship is only available to self-funded students. Students in receipt of educational loans are eligible for the award.
- If you are in receipt of funding (consisting of either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external body which will be invoiced by the University for fees (such as Government, charity or a private organisation) you are not eligible for the Principal's International Scholarship.
- The Principal's International Scholarship is only available for students who are coming to study full-time at Hartpury College for at least a full academic year. If you withdraw within your first year, your International Scholarship will be retracted and you will be expected to pay 25% of the full international tuition fee.
- You must be able to satisfy all financial requirements as part of your visa application for study in the UK. You should not be solely relying on receiving the Principal's International Scholarship to meet the UKVI financial requirements.
- Successful applicants and the amounts awarded will be decided by the Principal's committee. Their decision is final and there is no right to appeal.