There are a maximum of 10 places available in the Elite Squad.
What is available?
- Weekly 1.1 training sessions with Equine Academy Director, Lizzel Winter dressage 1.1; shared jumping of flat work for jumping
- Access to show jump coaching with Academy Show Jumping Coach Corinne Bracken and invitational dressage coaching sessions with Nick Burton and Carl Hester (depending on discipline and diary availability)
- Assistance with planning competition schedule
- Support from the Hartpury Sports Academy Team with includes Rider Analysis, individual tailored S&C programs, physiotherapy, and life style advice
- Group and 1:1 sports psychology sessions
Applications to join the Elite Squad are invited from event riders who have competed successfully and won points CCI3*L/4*S (or equivalent national class) and above, dressage riders who have won points at Advanced level, Show jump riders who have 2 double clears at 1.30 level above and Para dressage riders who have scored 60% at any CPEDI3* show in any Grade.
All combinations in the Elite Squad will show the potential to perform successfully on an international stage.
There are a limited number of places available for the Elite Development Squad. Selection for this squad is for riders currently competing at Development level (or above) and showing the potential to be at Elite level in the future. Consideration for this Squad is at the discretion of the Equine Academy Director in consultation with the panel at the ridden trial.
What is available?
- Weekly group or occasional individual training sessions in all disciplines with Equine Academy Director, Lizzel Winter, or occasional guest coaches
- Show jump coaching with Academy Show Jumping Coach Corinne Bracken (depending up on diary availability)
- Assistance with planning a competition schedule
- Group sessions covering psychology, nutrition, lifestyle advice and weekly S&C group session
- Access to Hartpury sport specific Microsoft Teams Academy information page
Applications to join the Development Squad are invited from Event riders who have competed at BE novice level or the equivalent national class at 1.10 or above equating to 6 points or FEI CCI2*Short with a top 5 placing. Dressage riders who have won a minimum of 15 points at Elementary level and above (or their National equivalent), Show Jumpers with 4 double clears or first place with money won at 1.10 level in any BS class or FEI class with results to verify the criteria met and Para Dressage riders who have scored 60% in any Para CPEDI 2* or below or any BD National Para class.
Equestrian athletes who have previously been a part of ALL the Squads have gone on to achieve in a range of both competitive and business environments.
The final squad selections are announced the after all of the selection trials have taken place with the exception of any trial that is held at a later date due to veterinary issues and a written feedback form will be provided for each rider. Selection for the Elite Development Squad will be at the discretion of the Equine Academy Director.
If you don’t make it into our equine academy initially, there are still lots of opportunities to develop your riding whilst at Hartpury, including with Hartpury Equestrian Club and with formal riding and coaching sessions from our on-site specialists in your discipline or through visiting freelance coaches (self-funded).
Livery applications must be made separately to Academy applications and an academy place does not guarantee onsite livery. Please note, the demand for stabling is high and continuously exceeds our capacity, we therefore operate a waitlist for livery stables.
Applications for Student DIY livery open inline with accommodation (29 March for university students).