While your child is developing skills and knowledge around their subject areas, we believe that they also benefit from enrichment activities, work experience and careers information, advice and guidance to enable them to grow their confidence and attributes for their future pathways.
In order to cater for your child’s aspirations, we know, as parents/carers that it is important to understand the opportunities that are available to them in order to provide a holistic support network through their time at Hartpury.
The Careers department offer tailored 1:1’s to include face to face and online sessions, workshops, advice and guidance linking to career pathway options such as University, Technical Qualifications, Traineeships and Apprenticeships. Students will also engage in various activities such as:
- A programme of career and personal development activities designed to help them make informed decisions about their future, this is the Hartpury Certificate
- A Preparation for Success tutorial programme which further supports their personal development and self-awareness of a variety of topics
- To take part in Hartpury Certificate Plus activities; a series of optional content that is bespoke to the students, that will inform and enable your child to make effective decisions about their future
- Careers in Days to explore further career pathways which are held annually
- The equivalent of at least 1 weeks work experience, many students will complete substantially more. With individual smart targets relevant to industry, that will aid your child and their tutor to evidence and measure the impact of these experiences and skills
- Information and support in looking and applying for apprenticeships, higher technical qualifications, and university courses.
To facilitate their learning and development, please see the links of the online resources that are made available to the students through their lectures, 1:1’s, workshops and careers events. They are beneficial for finding out about a broad range of careers with detailed job profiles including entry routes, job prospects and skills required with many of them identifying skills and abilities that can be highlighted and aiding students to find their careers.