Careers at Hartpury
Through the curriculum and engagement with extra-curriculum activities, you will have opportunities to identify and reflect on your personal career aspirations and develop appropriate skills and experience.
During your time at Hartpury you can expect:
- A written down Careers plan which is reviewed every academic year and supported by a dedicated online self-development portal
- A programme of career and personal development activities designed to help you make informed decisions about your future, this is your Hartpury Certificate
- A Preparation for Success tutorial programme which further supports your personal development and self-awareness of a variety of topics
- To take part in Hartpury Certificate Plus activities; a series of optional content that is bespoke to you, that will inform and enable you to make effective decisions about your future
- Careers in Days to explore further career pathways which is held annually
- The equivalent of at least 1 weeks work experience, many students will complete substantially more. With individual smart targets relevant to your industry, that will aid you and your tutor to evidence and measure impact of these experiences and skills
- Access to current labour market information that will aid your career pathway planning
- 1:1 support from your tutor, including feedback on your employability readiness through an online workbook
- Access for every student, to fully qualified and experienced Careers Advisers who offer impartial advice and guidance
- Opportunities to network with employers, businesses and inspiration to start your own enterprise
- To feedback via the end of year student and parent survey’s on careers development impact, to ensure you are gaining the best careers and personal development opportunities
- Information and support in looking and applying for apprenticeships, higher technical qualifications, and university courses.
You are encouraged to be pro-active and seek out opportunities – it’s your future. Take control!
If you have any questions or need support speak to your tutor or contact a careers adviser firstname.lastname@example.org
Hartpury also has an appointed Careers Leader: Simon Spooner, Innovation and Careers Enterprise Manager email@example.com