Study bioveterinary science in professional-standard laboratories, volunteer within our animal collection, commercial farm and large equine centre to develop your experience working with animals.
Apply theory to practice as you get hands on in our dissection and microbiology laboratories, learning more about a range of species. Investigate notifiable and zoonotic diseases, study farm animals, equine and companion species.
You’ll have the opportunity to complete biochemistry and genetics modules, as well as livestock production with practical sessions on our campus farm. You could experience rehabilitation first-hand in our commercial equine and canine therapy centres with our animal therapy modules, and evaluate cutting-edge hydrotherapy research.
- UCAS tariff points | Typical offer is 112 UCAS tariff points or equivalent including a biological science.
- GCSE | A minimum of 5 GCSE A* to C, (or 9 to 4 where numeric grades are being awarded) or equivalent, to include English Language, Mathematics and a Science.
- A-level | Typical offer is BBC or equivalent. This must include a minimum of two A Levels including one in a Biology at grade D or above.
- Vocational award | Typical offer is a DMM in an Extended Diploma in a relevant subject.
- Access | Typical offer is 112 UCAS tariff points in an Access to Higher Education Diploma to include a minimum of a pass in a Biology module at Level 3.
- IB | Typical offer is 112 UCAS tariff points in an IB Diploma, to include a minimum of two Highers at H3 or above, including one in a Biology.
This must also include Maths and English Language at a minimum of Standard Level S3 if equivalent GCSEs have not been obtained.
- Scottish Highers | Typical offer is 112 UCAS tariff points in Scottish Highers. This must include a minimum of one Advanced and One Higher, to include Biology.
- Irish leaving Certificate | Typical offer is 112 UCAS tariff points in the Irish Leaving Certificate. This must include a minimum of two Highers including one in Biology at H4 or above. This must also include Maths and English Language at a minimum of Ordinary Level.
- OCR Cambridge Technical | Typical offer is a DMM in a Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma in a relevant subject.
- T Level | Typical offer is Merit in your T Level overall grade in a relevant subject
We may interview mature applicants and those with non-traditional qualifications to ensure this is the right course for you.
The minimum academic entry requirement for this programme is 96 UCAS tariff points or equivalent providing this is combined with relevant experience.
Please contact us for further information.
Your support network
You'll benefit from a strong support network from day one to be the best you can be. This will range from your personal tutor and specialist academic support team (our Achievement and Success Centre) to dedicated wellbeing and employability (Innovation, Careers and Enterprise) centres.
You’ll have your own personal tutor while you’re here who will support you to succeed in your studies. You’ll also have access to our academic and wellbeing support teams who run regular workshops and one-to-one sessions on campus and online.
Alongside this, we have a comprehensive bank of online study skills resources to help you make the most of your qualification.
Your learning experiences
You'll experience a range of teaching methods to strengthen your digestion of topics, including lectures, workshops and practical sessions, as well as supported work placement learning as part of many courses.
Each year of your course will be made up of two semesters, within which you’ll study compulsory and optional modules on different industry-focused topics, enabling you to develop your own unique portfolio of knowledge, skills and experience, ready for your career. The course is taught in English.