Doing your own research and seeking a range of advice is the best way to ensure you have a positive university experience and graduate with a degree to be proud of, ready to hit the ground running in your chosen career.
Our teams are ready to support you find the right Hartpury course. If you’re considering your options or didn't get the results you expected, we may have options and alternatives that help you get to where you want to be.
If the answers you're looking for aren’t covered on this page or our Clearing hub, just give us a call on +44 (0) 1452 702 333, drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our dedicated contact form.
Open from 5 July 2022, Clearing is how you can apply to study one of our available courses if you don't already have an offer from another university. The process matches matches up students looking to start university in September 2022 with institutions and courses that have places available.
You can apply for a course through Clearing if you;
- haven’t applied for university but would like to start in September 2022
- don’t reach your expected grades and your offers have not been confirmed
- have an offer but have decided that you'd like to apply for a different course or university
- received better results than you anticipated
It’s not too late to apply. Please contact our friendly and knowledgeable admissions team. They'll speak with you about the courses that you're interested in and guide you through the process of applying via Clearing.
Yes. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Make sure there’s space on the course you’d like to apply for and that the university is willing to accept you.
- Use the UCAS self-release process to release yourself from the place you already have. You might not be able to go back to your initial selection once you've been released, so it’s important you're sure about your decision.
- If you’ve applied for any loans, you’ll need to let the Student Loans Company know that you’ve changed your institute. This is very straightforward and we can help.
We're specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Our dynamic and vibrant 360-hectare campus offers world-class degrees and facilities to nearly 4,000 students
Our courses have been developed with support from employers and you’ll learn from expert lecturers and coaches, many of whom are producing industry-leading, cutting-edge research. We were voted by students as the number one university in the UK for Lecturers and Teaching Quality at the 2022 Whatuni Student Choice Awards (WUSCA).
We also ranked 3rd in the UK for Facilities and Career Prospects, 4th for Student Support and within the top 10 in the prestigious University of the Year category.
Discover why students select Hartpury as their top choice.
For us, it’s all about matching the person with the right course. Please contact our admissions team to discuss which pathway could be best for you.
You can find lots of information about the courses that we offer, and the grades required, throughout our website. We consider all of our Clearing applications on an individual basis and we’ll look at all of your experience as well as your qualifications.
- We'll read your personal statement looking to assess motivation and suitability for your chosen course of study. In particular, we'll look for evidence to show;
- knowledge of, interest in and commitment to the subject
- non-academic achievement or experience in areas that align to the subject
- work experience and/or positions of responsibility in areas aligned to the subject
- interests, hobbies and pastimes
- The reference or a written recommendation from a teacher, adviser, or professional who knows you academically or professionally to look for an overall assessment, in particular your suitability for the course of study
- Contextual information that will help assess your academic potential
- Any extenuating circumstances
Yes. Our tours give you the opportunity to see what we have to offer. We believe experiencing our campus in person is important, if you're able to visit us before you make your final decision.
You'll see our world-class facilities and have the opportunity to speak with our academic, admissions and support staff, as well as current students for insights in to life at Hartpury.
Tours are available on the following dates:
- 6 July 2022
- 20 July 2022
- 3 August 2022
- 10 August 2022
- 19 August 2022
- 20 August 2022
- 24 August 2022
- 31 August 2022
If you achieve the grades required by your conditional offer, then we'll have your place confirmed and we'll send you an acceptance letter by email. You'll also see the status of your application on UCAS Track.
If you've not quite met the required grades our Admissions team will review your application and if there are places still available and we believe that you've shown sufficient academic potential, your place may be confirmed.
If we're concerned, we'll contact you when the results are published and have a chat about options. If you're worried, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you've accepted a conditional offer from Hartpury and are waiting for your results we normally receive them from the awarding bodies through UCAS either before they're published or shortly afterwards.
If we don’t expect to receive your results through UCAS we'll ask you to send a copy of your results when you receive them.
Once we’ve made you a Clearing offer, you’ll need to add Hartpury University as a Clearing choice on UCAS Track. If you’re holding an offer at another university you’ll need to release yourself before you can do that. We’ll send you an email with more information after we make the offer.
If you accept an offer from us through Clearing you can still apply for Hartpury accommodation.
*Students living within a 15 mile radius of Hartpury are expected to commute and applications will only be considered from these students if vacancies occur after rooms have been allocated to all applicants living outside this radius. See our University Residential Accommodation Allocation Policy for more information.
If you want to change the course you study at Hartpury, please give us a call. We’ll discuss what you would like to do and, if we have spaces on the course.
If we're concerned about confirming your place, we'll consider whether there is an alternative course or pathway that we can offer you instead. Before we make any changes to your offer, we'll always try to contact you so that we can discuss your options and make sure it is the right pathway to get you to where you want to go.
Our learning support team are available to support students at Hartpury during their studies. If you would like to have a chat with about your individual circumstances just let us know and we will arrange a call.