Clearing matches up students who are looking for a place at university and would like to start their studies in September 2021 with universities that have places available.
You can apply for an undergraduate course with us through Clearing if:
- you haven’t applied for university but would like to start in September 2021;
- you didn’t receive your expected grades and your offers have not been confirmed;
- you’ve got an offer but have decided that you'd like to apply for a different course or university
It’s not too late to apply. Please contact us on +44 (0) 1452 702 333 to have a chat with our Admissions team. They'll talk to you about the courses that you're interested in and guide you through the process of applying during Clearing 2021.
Yes, absolutely. If you’ve already applied to a university and had your place confirmed but would like to change your course or university, you can. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Make sure there’s space on the course you’d like to apply for and that the university is willing to accept you.
- Use the UCAS self-release process to release yourself from the place you already have. You might not be able to go back to your initial selection once you've been released, so it’s important you're sure about your decision.
- If you’ve applied for any loans, you’ll need to let the Student Loans Company know that you’ve changed your institute. This is very straightforward and we can help.
For us it’s all about matching the right student to the right course. Please give us a ring on
+44 (0) 1452 702 333 and together we’ll figure out which course is best for you. If your first choice is no longer available, our Admissions team will be happy to have a chat about what other courses we can offer to help you reach your goal.
If you look at our website, it'll give you a rough idea but we consider all of our Clearing applications on an individual basis and we’ll look at all of your experience as well as your qualifications.
Once we’ve made you a Clearing offer, you’ll need to add Hartpury University as a Clearing choice on UCAS Track. If you’re holding an offer at another university you’ll need to release yourself before you can do that. We’ll send you an email with more information after we make the offer.
Doing your own research and seeking a range of advice is the greatest way to ensure you have the best possible university experience and leave with a degree to be proud of.
We’re here to help you find the right Hartpury course and if you didn't get the results you expected, we may have options and alternatives that help you get to where you want to be. You can also find much more information in our Offer Holder Hub, here: Offer Holder Hub
We think that it's really important for you to experience our campus before making a decision about whether Hartpury is right for you. Our Clearing campus tours will give you the opportunity to view our campus and the facilities that we offer. You'll also get the opportunity to talk to academic staff who teach on the course you have applied for, as well as speaking to current students about life at Hartpury and our Admissions team about your application.
Tours are available on the following dates:
- 27 July
- 11 August
- 13 August
- 17 August
- 19 August
- 26 August
If you'd like to book on to a Clearing campus tour, please get in touch.
If you've accepted a conditional offer from Hartpury and are waiting for your results we normally receive them from the awarding bodies through UCAS either before they're published or shortly afterwards.
If we don’t expect to receive your results through UCAS we'll ask you to send a copy of your results when you receive them.
If you achieve the grades required by your conditional offer, then we'll have your place confirmed and we'll send you an acceptance letter by email. You'll also see the status of your application on UCAS Track.
If you've not quite met the required grades our Admissions team will review your application and if there are places still available and we believe that you've shown sufficient academic potential, your place may be confirmed.
If we're concerned, we'll contact you when the results are published and have a chat about options. If you're worried, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We'll look at the following to assess your academic potential:
- What qualifications have you achieved and do they give us confidence that you can succeed on the course
- We'll read your personal statement looking to assess motivation and suitability for your chosen course of study. In particular, we'll look for evidence to show:
- knowledge of, interest in and commitment to the subject
- non-academic achievement or experience in areas that align to the subject
- work experience and/or positions of responsibility in areas aligned to the subject
- interests, hobbies and pastimes
- The reference or a written recommendation from a teacher, adviser, or professional who knows you academically or professionally to look for an overall assessment, in particular your suitability for the course of study
- Contextual information that will help assess your academic potential
- Any extenuating circumstances
If you feel there is additional information that you would like us to consider, then you can send this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also contact you to discuss your application.
If we're concerned about confirming your place, we'll consider whether there is an alternative course or pathway that we can offer you instead. Before we make any changes to your offer, we'll always try to contact you so that we can discuss your options and make sure it is the right pathway to get you to where you want to go.
We welcome applications from international students through Clearing. Please call our Admissions and International team on +44 (0) 1452 702 344 to discuss your application and talk more about applying to Hartpury as an international applicant.
Our Learning Support team are available to support students at Hartpury during their studies. If you would like to have a chat with about your individual circumstances just let us know and we will arrange a call.
If you want to change the course you study at Hartpury, then give us a call. We will chat about what you would like to do. If we have spaces on the course and if we’re happy you will do well, then we will swap your course.
There is lots of useful information about enrolment and the run-up to September on our Offer Holder Hub here: Offer Holder Hub