The course will focus on dogs, but you’ll also study other animals. With access to over 70 domestic and non-domestic species on-site, you'll be provided with plenty of opportunities to develop your experience with different species.
You’ll benefit from our excellent industry connections with dog trainers, behaviourists, scientists and athletes across the UK. There may also be opportunities to learn from inspirational guest speakers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to undertake an independent research project focussed on canine science. This will enable you to delve deeper into an area you care about and contribute to research that’s making a positive difference to the lives of animals.
- A pass at Foundation Degree or HND relating to animal structure, function, nutrition, exercise physiology, management practices
- We may interview mature applicants and those with non-traditional qualifications to ensure this is the right course for you
- We welcome students with equivalent qualifications; please contact us to discuss
- Previous learning towards a university-level qualification or relevant work experience may count as credit for this course
- We may interview mature applicants and those with non-traditional qualifications
- Previous learning towards a university-level qualification or relevant work experience may count as credit for this course.
- We welcome applications from international students and accept international qualifications at equivalent levels to the above
- You may also need to evidence proficiency in English language
Please contact us for further information.
Your support network
You'll benefit from a strong support network from day one to be the best you can be. This will range from your personal tutor and specialist academic support team (our Achievement and Success Centre) to dedicated wellbeing and employability (Innovation, Careers and Enterprise) centres.
You’ll have your own personal tutor while you’re here who will support you to succeed in your studies. You’ll also have access to our academic and wellbeing support teams who run regular workshops and one-to-one sessions on campus and online.
Alongside this, we have a comprehensive bank of online study skills resources to help you make the most of your qualification.
Your learning experiences
You'll experience a range of teaching methods to strengthen your digestion of topics, including lectures, workshops and practical sessions.
Your course will be made up of two semesters, within which you’ll study compulsory and optional modules on different industry-focused topics, enabling you to develop your own unique portfolio of knowledge, skills and experience, ready for your career. The course is taught in English.