Getting around at Hartpury is easy. You can make the most of our free shuttlebuses each day to Gloucester, and Cheltenham at the weekend. You can also hop on one of the public buses that stop regularly on campus.
Alongside that, we offer on-campus parking for student cars and have great relationships with local taxi firms.
The following information reflects timetables for the 2019/20 academic year. We will publish 2020/21 timetables in the Summer of 2020 when they're finalised, but they are likely to be very similar to the below, offering you lots of transport options.
Free shuttle minibus service
Our free shuttle minibus service will enable you to travel around the local area while you’re studying here, at no cost. For the 2019/20 academic year, the service runs as follows:
- Weekdays in term time: Hartpury to Gloucester city centre every weekday evening, from 4.30pm until 9.15pm, at least every hour
- Saturdays in term time: regularly to Gloucester city, between 7am and 6.35pm, at least every 1.5 hours
- Buses also run regularly during half terms and Easter holiday periods
Regular public buses
The following public buses stop regularly on campus, as follows:
- Swanbrook bus number 354 travel from Hartpury to Gloucester and Cheltenham daily in term time
- Stagecoach bus number 351 from Hartpury to Tewkesbury town
You can bring your car to Hartpury and park it on campus. You’ll simply need to purchase a car park pass, available from Student Services when you arrive or via our online shop. View our car parking policy.
If you need to get a taxi, local taxi company Andycars offer a discounted rate for Hartpury students, currently around £13 (£3.25 each) for a four-seater taxi into Gloucester.
For more information about transport, contact us.