Applying for your Student visa

Guidance for international students.

At Hartpury, we want to ensure you are supported in every step of your journey to the UK. Part of the process of an international student is making sure that you are able to study in the UK. If you do not have a UK or a Republic of Ireland passport, you will likely need to obtain a Student visa to study at Hartpury. You will only need to apply for a visa once for the duration of your course.

To guide you through the visa application process, we encourage you to watch the following video and read our guidance for applying for a Student visa.

Student visa guidance

Our dedicated International team are available to support you every step of the way. If you have any questions or need any help with your visa application, please contact us at

Please be aware our guidance was updated as of April 2021, however, we recommend you check the most up-to-date Student visa guidance on the United Kingdom Visa and Immigration (UKVI) website.

Requesting your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

An important document required to apply for your visa is your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from Hartpury, as the sponsor of your visa to enter the UK. Every time you apply for a visa for the UK you will need a new CAS. This is the same if it is your first time in the UK or if you are an existing student applying for a new visa to study a further course at Hartpury.

Please note, a CAS can only be issued a maximum of six months before your course start date.

A CAS includes information on the course you have been accepted onto including level of study and length of programme, costs of your first year tuition and accommodation fees and details of the documents we used to offer you a place. It also contains a CAS number which will be unique to you, and it is this number which you will use when you submit your visa application.

It is important that you check the information on your CAS when you receive it, as you will need to ensure that this matches the information you provide when you submit your visa application. Any documents mentioned in the ‘Evidence used to obtain offer’ section will also need to be provided with your application.

Applying for your CAS

1. Pay your deposit
In order to receive your CAS, you will need to first pay a deposit of 50% of your first year tuition fees. You can pay your deposit on the Hartpury online store.

Hartpury online store

2. Complete the CAS application form
Complete the following CAS application form.

CAS application form

As part of your CAS application you will need to upload copies of all your supporting documents, including:

  • Passport
  • IELTS (or alternative, if necessary)
  • School report/ qualification
  • Finance documents
  • TB certificate, if needed

Your journey

Our dedicated International team will support you through every step of your university journey – from initial enquiry to enrolment and graduation. They’ll guide you through living and learning in the UK, making your application, visas, student finance, accommodation and much more.